Sunday, April 4, 2010

#9. Wing Chun Strikes

April 3rd postdated.

Yesterday, not much happened, but I did manage to watch "The Forbidden Kingdom" in mandarin Chinese. It's a pretty cool movie and I totally recommend it, especially if you're into watching a white guy get Mr. Miyagi'd by Jackie Chan and Jet Li (who also fight each other in the film, a scene that required me to get a new pair of pants after it was finished).

It would be pretty lame if my 'new thing' was 'I watched a movie in Chinese', so the real new thing came after the movie, where I went downstairs to my home gym on a martial arts high, and learned a wrist strike (used mainly in Wing Chun) and palm strike. I hurt my hands a bit trying to practice them, until I got the technique right and managed to get a few good hits in on my friend Mr. Punchingbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment