Sunday, April 18, 2010

#24. Magic the Gathering

If you've been keeping up with this blog, I'm sure you've noticed a number of things about me. One of things is probably the fact that I'm a gargantuan nerd:

[Holy shit, I didn't even know these existed until I just searched for them! New thing #2, and now I want one!]

Ahem. Anyways, I sometimes feel like being a nerd is a bit like having smallpox. You unintentionally spread it to the ones closest to you, infecting them with your utter geekiness until one day they wake up with pocket protectors and glasses and horrible haircuts and pockets full of Crazy Bones and what-have-you.

My girlfriend is a gorgeous lady but unfortunately for her, she's obligated by relationship laws to spend at least 8% of her waking hours with me per week. It's true, it's in the contract.

So today, she attempted to civilize me by accompanying me to a coffee shop. I guess I should say cafe - is that pretentious enough? I had a delicious lasagna. She had eggs and bacon (gotta love a woman who loves bacon).

There were a lot of arts students there (I could tell by the Macbooks). I guess I felt a little threatened, so I pulled out my figurative security blanket: a deck of Magic: The Gathering cards.

[This is hilarious if you're a nerd. Actually, maybe mentally retarded?]

And not only did I sit in a fancy, expensive cafe with a deck of Magic cards out, I proceeded to teach my girlfriend to play Magic. You know what's the only thing hotter than that?

[Yeaaaaaah.]

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this useful article, waiting for this article like this again.
    magic the gathering

    ReplyDelete