Monday, May 10, 2010

#45. Punch Out

One of my friends recently graduated and has bought a condominium near the university. Why he would deign to live so close to the place where I presume so many of his hopes and dreams were crushed, I don’t know. However, another friend and I visited, and while the location could be improved upon, the apartment itself is bright and well-furnished – a far cry from the shady student house he lived in before. It’s an interesting display and example of how the student mentality is near-forcefully removed upon graduation. There are no wrappers on the floor, no collection of beer cans, no stolen road pylons and whatnot you usually find in student houses.

We spent a bit of time playing Punch Out for the Nintendo Wii before bidding him goodbye. It was the first time I’ve played and I’m glad to say I’m terrible at it. Boxing is silly, and video game boxing is twice as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment