Sunday, May 2, 2010

#37. Cosmetology

Backdated Sunday.

So I got home - my parental home, actually - and I happened to mention my activity over the past few days. Big mistake.

"You helped your friend move in, and you cleaned your storage room? Why don't you ever help out the same around here? Don't you love your mother, who had to endure the stinging pain of childbirth in order to bring you into this world?"

Okay, I may have made the last part up, but it doesn't change the fact that I was guilt-tripped so hard into spending an entire day in the basement, going through old clothing and ancient toys, trying to sort out a guest room that had become an ad-hoc storage facility.

It had never really been sorted out before. There was a lot of old stuff that I used to play with. I'll admit I spent a few hours playing with a Playmobil train set, but my mom thought I was still cleaning, so it's okay.

Anyways, the particularly new thing was finding a project folder my sister did in grade 11, in her cosmetology class. For those of you not familiar with the world of women, that's makeup and hairstyling. When I first heard a few years ago that she was taking cosmetology, I went on a little trip on how it was so cool she was taking cosmology and learning about outer space, before I realized my mistake, and that she was not nearly that cool.

Did you know Sarah Jessica Parker's face is considered 'oblong' and not 'equine'? I'm sorry, that was unfair. At least her head isn't 'Inverted Triangle'. That just sounds silly. At least now I'm slightly more cultured, and run less of a chance of getting slapped for calling a women's head 'box-like'.

No comments:

Post a Comment