Wednesday, May 5, 2010

#40. Risk

Warfare has almost always been the domination of men. Women in the military were few and spread, until the years after WW2, where they proved just as capable and possibly even better fighters than men. Nowadays, women are found on the frontlines, much to the mild bewilderment of the men, who seem confused to find themselves next to a female and may try to pick her up.

Despite that, I have discovered that, at least in my own personal experience, the war-room is still the domination of men, when I played Risk with my female counterpart. It was an interesting experience, punctuated by my lady’s random complaints and her enthusiastic encouragements to her plastic soldiers, accentuated by her appetite for destruction and pillaging of my territories. That sounds like some sex thing. I apologize (not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment