Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hobo Bag

Today I slept in a plastic garbage bag.

Okay, so I was camping, and it was raining. So I used four black garbage bags and duct tape to waterproof my sleeping bag. Unfortunately, rain got in anyways and I ended up sleeping in a sack full of water. So much for a pleasant night's sleep.

I was actually inside a tent at the time, but the material of the tent walls are too thin to block the torrents of rainwater. I ended up duct taping another set of bags to the roof of my tent, until a puddle began to form above my head and I had to funnel it out of the door.

I know some homeless people that sleep in bags, except theirs are made of much thicker material and lots of scavenged rubber that are haphazardly sewn together. The problem I found was that the material is entirely airtight, which makes sweat and skin respiration really uncomfortable.

It was like I was marinating in my own fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment