Tuesday, March 30, 2010

#5. Unshrinking Clothes

A few days ago, I threw a wool sweater through the laundry cycle. And it came out like this:

[Okay maybe not this small]

It was a pretty pricey sweater so I was reasonably upset (not really). But it was also a Christmas gift from my family, so I figured I should do something about it. It's a Gap sweater, make of that what you will.

I went online (thanks google!) and found a handy site that advised me to:

1. Soak the sweater in hot water.
2. Stretch the sweater using epic muscles.
3. ???
4. Profit!

And now my sweater is back to normal:

[But it still looks a little metrosexual, you know?]

It's not really a very dramatic 'new-thing-of-the-day' but I know lots of people have trouble with this sort of thing. To compensate for the short entry, on a related note, putting wet objects in a bowl of rice for a day will dry them miraculously. This is especially useful for the electronics you drop in the toilet when you're twittering about your latest bowel movement. Just pop the battery out, toss the disassembled device in a bowl of uncooked uncle ben's, cover it up and after a day, it should work.

1 comment:

  1. you know very well, that didn't work for my zune player. It was in the bag of rice for 12 days. Yes ma'm it works now, but it has to be plugged into a power source.
    Use your engineering skillz to invent me a source of energy (from me) so i can plug my zune in while i run.

    also, unstretching jeans that aren't stretchy to begin with. how can i go about doing this? (i dont know how they even shrunk) boo:(

    ReplyDelete