Thursday, January 19, 2012

Drinking Alone

Hey guys! I'm really updating, like an actual blogger!

I went to Rochester Hills Brewery today. Pretty nice place - it's actually a bar, attached to a brewery. The beer is great - I don't think I've ever tasted the real taste of beer before. It's fresh, and there's actually a distinct grain/hops taste.

I like Canadian beer more, in terms of quality. It goes down a lot smoother, there's more weight to it. But America has more microbreweries, and it shows. There's tons of variety, and the beer is usually made on the spot, or close enough to make no difference.

Tonight was open mic night - I didn't play, but I went to watch and listen. Really fun stuff going on, but it's a bit bigger than my usual hangouts. I prefer small, hole-in-the-wall bars. I need to find something like that, and reclaim my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment