Thursday, October 20, 2011

#2. Robots

I'm almost done my first week here in new-jobland, and it's been really intense. I've learned so much over the past few days, I've had to install an extra memory card in my ear to accommodate all the new data.

I've been running around, working with different robots. Sometimes I attend seminars, but one thing I really enjoy is how 'hands-on' this place is. They really encourage you to pick up a controller and start learning from experience. I haven't crashed anything, or accidentally set any robots on a 'destroy all humans!' rampage.

One thing I'm getting irritated at is the feeling of helplessness in this new city. I don't know where to hang out after work, and I don't have any friends in the area yet. I'm trying to find something to do post-work, but seeing as I don't yet have a dining table, I might be getting a bit ahead.

Anyone in the Oakland County area need a new friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment