Friday, October 8, 2010

#2. Hot Pot

Today, I tried out a new restaurant downtown. It's some sort of Chinese Hot Pot restaurant.

You eat Chinese food. Out of a pot. The pot is hot.

[Self explanatory, but people who read my blog must be mentally retarded and need an explanation.]

The cool thing is, the pot of boiling soup sits in the middle of your table, on this little burner. You're brought selections of meat and vegetables, and you put them in and cook it yourself. People call this unique. I kind of think it's a cop out on the part of the establishment when they make you do the cooking, then charge you $20. Then again, I guess you're paying for the secure feeling of not having someone spit in your food.

My mom does this at home too, but this is the first time I've had it in a restaurant. It makes me wonder if my mom is being just as lazy as the people who own the restaurant - by tricking her children into cooking their own food, under the pretense of a fun family activity. I wonder the same thing about "Family washing night" and "Stimulating the dog's anal glands funtime".

Weirdly enough, it was probably the healthiest meal I've eaten in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment